Support & FAQ’s
What is emPivot.com?
- emPivot is made up of two words. Empower is the first word. Through our services we want to empower people, to make informed choices. Pivot, the act of turning freely, represents that freedom to choose.At emPivot.com visitors and viewers are empowered to freely choose and express themselves about green-related issues and content. When it all comes together on the site, people can view green from every angle.
- Unlike other multimedia search engines that attempt to re purpose technology built for the text web, blinkx uses a unique combination of patented conceptual search, speech recognition and video analysis software to efficiently, automatically and accurately find and qualify online video. Today, blinkx is the world’s largest single index of rich media content on the Web, delivering more content from a broader range of sources than either Google or Yahoo! We also built our own unique filter for emPivot, to utilize the blinkx search engine to truly aggregate the largest amount of green-related content on the web.
- emPivot is a for profit company.
- Green-related video content is media that directly relates to the environment, ecological conservation, natural resources and energy, and overall, sustainability, or for clarity, environmental sustainability. It should be clear in the content of the video and in the content of the description of a video or community groups, that content covers a green issue.
- emPivot is a video sharing website and community focused on producing a civil discourse on user-generated green content. Our expectations are that each user conduct themselves in a civil manner. For more information on emPivot use, read our Site Ethics information.
- To create a company or organization profile, you will have to be an authorized representative or agent for your company or organization. We have a temporary solution for you while we are working to build a special section and functionalities just for you. Create an account and when you modify your profile you can change your profile type to fit what type of profile you want. We will be asking for information to verify your identity and position within the company or organization for security purposes.
- emPivot servers are located in Seattle, Washington. Seattle City Light (our servers are located in their service territory) is aggressively attempting to become the first United States carbon neutral city by 2030, by directly purchasing renewable energy from local projects and encouraging energy efficiency measures, among many other strategies. We are actively pursuing directly purchasing renewable energy from our utility for our offices and supporting local renewable energy projects in the mid-Atlantic region as well as practicing energy efficiency measures. As we start working with our strategic partners we are discussing a variety of energy efficiency solutions for technology applications and always strive to make this part of our business conversations and decisions.
As a small company and team we have the unique opportunity to evaluate our impact as individuals and reduce our impact as a business. We support alternative transportation stipends for our team and are always innovating in the office to do things more efficiently. On a regular basis we evaluate vendors for the options they provide. In addition to providing a unique space for the environmental conversation to take place on-line , we are looking forward to being a strong business representative in the Baltimore-Washington region and Chesapeake Bay watershed for important environmental quality efforts.
emPivot is investigating a variety of ways to reflect the community’ s values in our partnerships, advertising, and social enterprise decisions. We look forward to sharing those with you in the near future.
- Email us at partnerships@ empivot.com. We can discuss options.
- We are working to build our capacity to accept advertising requests. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone from the emPivot staff will contact you soon to discuss how emPivot can accommodate your company or organization’s needs.
- Users help emPivot identify inappropriate content. If the content is deemed in violation of our Terms of Service we will immediately pull content down. If the content does not follow our Site Ethics we have an established process for vetting requests or concerns regarding the content.
· Green-related video content is media that directly relates to the environment, ecological conservation, natural resources and energy, and overall, sustainability, or for clarity, environmental sustainability. It should be clear in the content of the video and in the content of the description of a video or community groups, that content covers a green issue.
- Below the emPivot player, click the “flag as inappropriate” button. The emPivot staff will review your flagged content to determine whether or not it is inappropriate.
- If your video was taken down, that means it violated the emPivot Terms of Service and/or our Site Ethics.
- Send an email to email@example.com. Please give your reasons for the block. Our team will send you an email regarding your requested block and after reviewing your request action will be taken as deemed necessary.
- A thorough explanation on copyright infringement is detailed in the emPivot Terms of Service.
- This information is contained in the emPivot Terms and Conditions. Please review the Terms of Service.
- Most the times if you record content from a concert, the television, or a DVD you will not have the rights to reproduce the content on the site. If you do and you do not have the rights to the content you will be in violation of our Terms of Service if you submit the content to our site. As long as you have the rights to content, you are free to share the content with the community.
- Users are asked to flag inappropriate content and report it to the emPivot staff immediately. The emPivot staff will follow leads and information pertaining to copyright infringement and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act as spelled out in the Terms of Service. In order to prevent non-related content from becoming part of our site, we have spelled out our system for users to notify us of unrelated content in our Site Ethics.
- Please contact emPivot immediately with a detailed explanation about your situation. An emPivot staff member will contact you as soon as possible.
- If a video is deemed as copyright infringing, it will be removed by emPivot immediately. A notice of removal will be sent to person who uploaded the video.
- The video might have content that is deemed inappropriate under the emPivot Terms of Service. Please review the emPivot Terms of Service for further detail.